Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To Dress a Bridesmaid...

Picking your bridesmaids dresses is a very difficult process. Especially if your bridesmaids are very opinionated (I love you all!!!). While it is very important to listen to your friends ideas and concerns, in the end it is best to go with your own personal favorite. Please keep in mind that the dress should flatter all of your bridesmaids and everyone should feel beautiful and comfortable in their dress.

A big concern my bridesmaids had been strapless versus straps. Luckily, the dresses I ended up picking had removable straps. After everyone had their initial fitting it was a group decision for everyone to go strapless for the wedding and photos and then have the option to add-on their straps later in the evening. This seemed to work for everyone. So if you are going strapless, an option to add straps later in the evening is an ingenious idea!!

After my colors were picked, my hunt for the perfect dress began. Here are a few of the options that were in consideration; that is until I found the "one."


This dress is by BCBG Max Azria, Layered Cocktail Dress



Both of these dresses are from David's Bridal, and both were considered in pink options.



This dress is by Melissa Sweet



This dress is from JCrew, and comes in a variety of colors.


The dress I ended up choosing for my bridesmaids is:


This dress is by Watters and can be found here http://watters.com/Product/WattersWatters/7594#Colors:peony
The color my bridesmaids are wearing is called "peony" and the style number is 7594. I do not feel the website gives an accurate portrayal of the color, but you can see it on my bridesmaids below :).


(Photo taken by Click. Photography)

One of the best things a bride can see after her wedding, is a bridesmaid wearing their dress again at another event! I was so beyond thrilled when these photos were spotted on facebook :)...Love you Lindsay!!



THAT IS WHAT I CALL DRESS SUCCESS!!! :)

HAPPY HUNTING!!!
<3 Love and I Do xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment